Al-Alamia Law Firm and Legal Consultations and managed by Professor / Hayam Jumaa Salem 01061680444
Things marriage certificates notarized must be observed
– If this is the second marriage for the husband, the first wife must be informed of the new marriage through a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt in the event that she is in Egypt or through the Public Prosecution if she resides abroad provided that the notification takes place within seven days of the date of the marriage’s authentication.
– With regard to a minor orphan Egyptian, if she has a pension or a certain salary from the government or money exceeding 200 pounds, her marriage contract may not be documented except with permission from the competent court, so the marriage contract guarantees a declaration from the wife in her condition provided that the notary notifies the pension payment agency of the salary number, value, and date Pay him and the name of who pays the pension.
– The notary must take into account when documenting the widow’s marriage contract, be familiar with the death certificate and verify the termination of the marriage period, which is four months and ten days. However, it is not permissible to rely on a burial permit as a document proving death.
– When authenticating the marriage contract of divorcees, the notary must review the divorce certificate or evidence and verify the expiry of the waiting period. In the event that the divorced woman is a foreigner, a certificate must be brought from the embassy of her country stating her divorce and that she does not object to her marriage.
It is not permissible to document the marriage of military officers to foreigners unless their marriage is with two Arabs whose father is an Arab of origin, then the marriage may be authenticated, subject to the approval of the Minister of Defense.
– The notary must refrain from documenting the marriage contract of the officers, officers, Shawish, and assistants of the Coasts and Borders Authority and prisons serving the army as well as the prisoners and nurses in the Prison Authority of various types except in the presence of a license from those interests, but the license is not required in the event of a retroactive divorce.
– The documentary may not document the marriage contract of military personnel, non-commissioned officers, railway assistants, or anyone from the police, including the regular pardon of foreigners, except with permission from the Minister of Interior attached to the editor when documenting it.
Take into account informing the Minister of Foreign Affairs of any marriage between members of the Egyptian diplomatic and consular corps and foreign women.
Address: 10 J Ibn Sender Square, behind Arab African Bank – Mansheyat El Bakry – Cairo
Working hours: daily from 9 am to 10 pm
Originally posted 2020-01-16 16:16:48.